Get your kitchen organised and keep it hygienic and tidy with our excellent selection of kitchen rubbish bins. Available in various sizes and designs, there'll always be a kitchen bin suitable for your home. Browse a range of top brands, including brabantia, simplehuman, and Joseph Joseph, to find the perfect solution to your waste. For those with a modern kitchen, opt for a sleek metallic kitchen bin or if you're looking for something more traditional, why not choose a stylish pedal bin? And don't forget to pair your new bin with a pack of custom-fit bin liners, perfectly sized to avoid any overhang.
What To Consider When Choosing Your Rubbish Bin
When beginning your search for a kitchen bin that suits your home, there are certain factors you need to plan for.
- Location: The position of your bin is essential to creating an ergonomic and efficient kitchen space. We recommend putting the bin near your cleaning zone. This allows you to move quickly from the kitchen bin to the sink and dishwasher, speeding up the cleaning process after meal preparation.
- Space: The next factor to consider is the available space in your kitchen. Depending on your needs, you may require a bin that fits in cupboards or, if possible, a standalone bin. Regardless of your choice, they should be easily accessible and not impede kitchen walking space.
- Materials: The right bin material is critical to a long-lasting waste storage solution. Plastic bins are durable and non-porous, making it harder for germs to grow on the surface. Stainless steel bins are another popular option for kitchen bins. This is due to their sturdiness, being easy to clean and corrision resistance.
Types of Kitchen Bins
With various kitchen bins in the market, selecting the right waste solution for your space may seem overwhelming. Fortunately, at Howards Storage World, our experts can guide you in making the best choice for your kitchen. Below, we've broken down the different types of bins depending on the rubbish that you're looking to dispose of.
- General Waste Bin: Tre traditional rubbish bin should be standard for every household kitchen. A dual-compartment bin may be an optimal choice, allowing you to sort between the general waste and recycling waste. Features like a step pedal, motion sensor or push touch lids are also great options, reducing interactions with harmful bacteria and keeping your kitchen hygienic.
- Recycling Bin: A dedicated kitchen recycling bin will make organising waste simple and efficient. Choosing colour-coded standalone bins or compartments can make it easier to sort rubbish as you dispose of it. They can also help keep track of how much waste your home is producing, encouraging you to improve your recycling habits.
- Compost Bin: A kitchen compost bin is a great way to encourage a greener lifestyle in your home. You can minimise your overall waste output by simply disposing of food scraps within a dedicated scrap bin after cooking or dinner. Over time, this waste will be transformed into fertiliser, reasy for use in your garden.
Essential Bin Accessories
Once you've chosen your bin, don't forget to pair it with a range of accessories that will maximise your waste storage solution.
- Bin Liners: Bin liners are essential for keeping the mess at a minimum and ensuring that your waste remains organised in one place. Choosing the right bin liners will depend on both the size of your kitchen bin and the type of waste being thrown away.
- Carbon Filters: Carbon filters are another accessory that can maximise the effectiveness of you kitchen bins. Made from activated carbon or charcoal, these attachments act as a deodoriser for your bin, keeping unpleasant odours from spreading into the rest of your kitchen. They're particularly useful for compost bins where the fermenting food waste will inevitably release bad smells.