Clothes Drying Racks
Air dry anything from socks to towels, with Howards' range of clothes airers and dryers of all sizes. With a wide selection of indoor and outdoor clothes horses and collapsible airers from top brands Leifheit, Artweger and more, Howards has a drying rack to suit every home.
Visit Howards Storage World today for our range of efficient laundry drying solutions.
Why Clothes Drying Racks Are Essential For Your Laundry
Clothes drying racks are an essential laundry item, providing a great alternative to machine dryers. There are several benefits to having a clothes drying rack in your home.
- Saves on energy bills - Not having to use an electric dryer every laundry day will save on energy costs in the long term, reducing your electricity bill.
- Saves on space - Drying racks can be collapsed and stored away when not in use, making them an efficient solution if your laundry is space limited.
- Easily portable - Most drying racks are lightweight, meaning they can be easily moved between the outdoors and indoors depending on the weather.
- Extends the lifespan of your clothes - Air drying your clothes on a clothes horse reduces the chance of lint build-up and fabric deterioration from the intense heat in a machine dryer.
The Different Types Of Clothes Drying Racks
There are a variety of drying rack designs available, each with their own advantages and use cases that they are best suited for. At Howards, our range of solutions include:
- Freestanding Clothes Airers - This is the most common type and is designed to hold laundry across multiple rungs or clotheslines, and are easily portable.
- Concertina Clothes Airers - An accordion design means that when fully extended, it creates a tiered structure from which to hang multiple garments on different levels. The compact frame also makes it perfect for use indoors and allows for easy storage when collapsed.
- Wall-mounted Clothes Airers - Wall-mounted airers maximise vertical wall space and are retractable when not in use, making them ideal for smaller laundry spaces.